My New Chalkboard Wall and Magnet Board


I finally bit the bullet and painted a chalk and magnet wall in my kitchen.  I just love it!  
This is the picture from our first week with it!  I am sure it's purpose will reveal itself over time.  When It happens I will take a pic and add it to the bottom of this page! 
The Wall 
We have this awkward wall in our kitchen.
I have had the hardest time figuring out what to do with it






The magnet paint was very hard to work with.  It was in a clump at the bottom of the can.
It will take time, patience and a strong arm to mix this hardened mess.
It goes on thick and dries fast!  about 30 minutes
Kate's Tip:  Ask the store (assuming you buy it at a paint supply store) if they will open and mix it for you.

  

To condition the wall wait 24-48 hours for the paint to dry then rub chalk all over the entire wall


Next rub the entire wall with a slightly damp rag or sponge


and done!! Beautiful!


I still need to sand paper the magnet wall and decided if I should paint over it chalk paint or yellow?
Maybe an accent Deep Purple?  Time will tell! 


Kate's Tip: Keep in mind that the chalk dust will fall!  



The end product!   I am very happy with it
















Chalk Wall

Supplies Needed

-Chalk Paint (I spent $10 at Home Depot)
-1 Good Paint brush
-Roller 3/8th thick and Pan
-Old Sheet or Painters Paper
-Rubber Gloves
-Painters Tape

Same Materials for magnet wall just use a smooth roller instead.

Steps

-Remove socket and light switch covers
-Use Painters tape and tape around all edges
-I like to "cut in" around the edges first
-Roll on 2 coats of paint letting the first coat dry for an hour in-between
-Let dry for 1 hour
-Remove Tape and touch up
-Again let dry for 24 hours
-Replace Switch plates
-Condition Wall by rubbing chalk all over
-Take a barely damp sponge or cloth and wipe Dry



Like what you see?  Click Here to Pay it Forward

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)